Major Research Areas
- Bioprospecting of Microbial diversity to enhance agricultural productivity
- Controlled environment agriculture to enhance the yield in different seasons and agro-climatic zones.
- Application of nanotechnology in food & agriculture
- Biofortification of food crops with micronutrient.
- Genetic manipulation of crop plants for enhancing biotic and abiotic stress tolerance
- Value addition in under-utilized indigenous fruits and vegetables.
- Pests and plant disease surveillance, their control and management.
- Transfer of simple, low-cost technologies to farmers to reduce post-harvest losses.
- Development of mobile units for processing of fruits and vegetable for remote villages.
- Development of skills and entrepreneurship of farmers
- Application of solar energy in agriculture
- Enhance water use efficiency in agricultural crops
- IoT for food and agriculture
- Climate-smart agriculture
- Development of nutritionally enriched products with long shelf life.
- Development of low-cost packaging material for fruits and vegetables.
- Agribusiness management
- Valorization of agriculture & food industry waste.
- Smart diagnostic tools.
- Plant breeding and varietal development using molecular biology and gene editing technology.
- Medicinal and aromatic plants
- Smart agriculture for Climate resilient agriculture
- Agriculture and food waste management
- Post-harvest technology
- Agriculture extension
- Integrated farming system
The institutions and research centers are carrying out research projects sponsored by DST, DBT, ICMR, ICAR, CSIR, DRDO, Ministry of Environment and Forest, Dept. of Atomic Energy, Ministry of Earth Sciences, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry for Food Processing Industries, Ministry of Mines, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Hort CRSP, USAID, Leverhulme Trust, UK, Rohm & Haas., USA, RCN Norway etc.
Amity labs are well equipped to carry out research in frontier areas. Some exclusive high cost equipment available for research
- Scanning Electron Microscope Model
- X-Ray Diffractometer
- Atomic Force Microscope
- Ultra Centrifuge
- Fluorescence Microscope With Image Analyzer
- Food Texture Analyzer and Milk processing Unit
- Rapid thermal Processing Unit
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- RF & DC Sputtering system
- UV-Vis Spectrophotometer with Chiller
Farm land and green houses are available to conduct field research.