CALL FOR SPECIAL SESSIONS
We are soliciting proposals for special sessions within the general scope of UPCON 2023. The special sessions will take place from 1-3 December 2023 at the same venue as the main conference. It should complement the main technical program and serve to broaden the technical scope of the conference in emerging areas.
The special session topic should be of sufficient significance and importance to attract interest from the researchers and practitioners from both academia and industry. We encourage the prospective special session organizers to submit well-planned proposals that are specific and detailed in justifying relevance and viability.
Please submit your proposals (with no more than 3 pages) in PDF format on or before 31st August 2023 by email in the attached format to the Conference Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposals should be submitted in the following format:
- Title of the Proposed Special Sessions, Special Session Acronym.
- Brief description of the area of concern (approx. 100 words), with a special focus on why this is an interesting and significant topic.
- The name and contact information of 2 or 3 special session chairs (highlighting their background) willing to promote and organize sufficient quality submissions to each special session.
- A list of potential reviewers with affiliations.
- Brief description of the proposed special session (Include the Abstract, scope, aim, the expected number of submissions, and special session program committee members)
- All proposals should be submitted by no later than the deadline. Early submission is highly encouraged. Draft Call for Papers (optional).
- Accepted and successfully presented papers may be eligible to the IEEE Xplore for possible proceedings after the paper has been reviewed.
- Any other information (e.g., Infrastructure/logistics support required)
Call for Special Sessions Opens on: 02 August, 2023
Proposal Submission Deadline: 31 August, 2023
Notification of Selection: 05 September, 2023
Special Sessions Date: 1-3 December 2023
For any questions, please feel free to contact the Conference Chairs with questions about the suitability of a tutorial for UPCON or any other related matters.