Course Description:- An MBAin a globalised and multi-cultural world has become one of the most sought after post graduate programs across the globe. Modern and industry specific MBA course structure followed by Amity University Gwalior comprises perfect combination of academic and practical knowledge aiming at developing the intellectual and managerial skills of students coming from diverse graduation backgrounds. The program also assists students in developing their communication skills and business decision-making capabilities.
The MBA course curriculum consists of following types of courses:
1. Foundation Courses: These courses provide the students with fundamental understanding of subjects like Economic Analysis, Quantitative Techniques, and Accounting etc.
2. Core Courses: Core courses build a strong background in business fundamentals, comprising subjects like Organisational Behaviour, Business Communication, Legal Aspects of Business, Management Science, Business Research Methods, Strategic Management, etc.
3. Elective Courses: Elective courses help students in extending their knowledge in specific areas of management liked, Human Resource Management, Finance and Accounting, International Business, Entrepreneurship and Leadership, Marketing and Sales, Insurance Management, Information Technology, Operations Management, Retail Management etc.
4. Value added Courses: These courses assist students in enhancing their decision making,presentation and communication skills. These include subjects like self-development and interpersonal skills, knowledge management, managerial competency and career development skills, business etiquette and protocol, etc.
5. Language Courses: The language courses seek to give a competitive edge to students by helping them learn a foreign language of their choice like French, German, Spanish, Japanese and Chinese among others.
6. Summer Internship: An internship during the course provides the students a first-hand experience of working in real corporate world and environment.
An MBA degree offers a secure future and participants can easily get jobs of managerial or executive level after successful completion of the course.
Post MBA, a wide range of jobs and career prospects become available to the students in Banking & Finance, Information System Management, Investment Banking, Management Consulting and a host of other industries operating both in the public and private sector. Apart from assisting in providing salaried jobs, the MBA program also enhances capabilities of students to become successful entrepreneurs.
Higher studies options after MBA
A doctorate course in management can be pursued by students interested in teaching and research work. Additional knowledge gained during the process may enable professionals to become trainers or consultants in large business organizations.